We're building the first in the world Open Source Accelerator/Incubator focusing on one the most exciting and dynamic areas of today - Cloud Native applications and Kubernetes.
We have multiple projects and products in the pipeline solving specific yet broad challenges for Developers building applications based on the K8s.
More importantly, we are building tools for Developers to help them make Kubernetes easier to use. And we need your help….
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, self-directed and technical Developer Relationship leader to help communicate the technical capabilities of our Projects through blogs, external presentation, conferences, and organic community building.
The ideal candidate comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to tell stories. You will partner with technical leaders in engineering, DevOps, and technical executives to create presentations and content that will spread awareness and popularity of our tools through thousands of development teams around the world.
In this role you will be hands-on as you write blogs, speak at Developer and DevOPS conferences, organize workshops/meetups, write and visualize content, and foster relationships with Developer communities and most importantly create new developer communities around our projects.
Create developer-facing documentation and materials to foster the growth of our Developer community. Create opportunities to speak at conferences and meetups to build a reputation as a thought leader in the Developer community.
· Knowledge of Cloud Native world and Kubernetes
· Experience in the Software and Open Source tools ecosystem
· Application development experience, and knowledge with Infrastructure as Code frameworks.
· Build and execute Developer Relations programs that successfully deliver content, brand awareness, and community building.
· 7+ years total experience in a technical field with 5+ years of technical developer relations, and community building experience within a Software tools space.
· Publicly available writing samples or recordings of presentations on technical topics.
· Experience writing technical articles or blog posts.
· You enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
· You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative, and interesting educational materials.
· A natural affinity to forge relationships with developers/DevOps and integrate & engage with DevOps communities
What You’ll Do
· Responsible for creating educational content for people to help people do more with Kubernetes and Micro Services development
· Responsible for ensuring overall community health and growth through organizing community events and programs, and managing our online community touchpoints.
· Strategically leverage our own communities (Slack, web forum, live events), social channels, and influencers to drive developer engagement.
· Advocate on behalf of the developer community to the organization, understanding the workflows and pain points of the community, building content that focuses on finding how Postman can fit into those workflows.
· Define developer target segments, map the developer journey, communicate value propositions.
· Work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and other teams to support developer use cases and promote empathy for this audience.
· Manage existing developer funnel and look for opportunities to deepen engagement.
· 4-7 years of experience in technical product marketing, preferably working with developer communities
· Experience with key channels and communities relevant to developers.
· Excel at explaining and simplifying complex concepts in messaging and differentiated positioning.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Serious attention to detail.
· Focused on Users == You love working with developers.
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company
· Ability to work with a distributed team and community spread across multiple time zones
· Self starter, who can manage projects and priorities independently
· Prior startup experience is a plus