What We're Looking For
- Practitioners with strong K8s background (ideally 3+ yrs in K8's, 7+ in SW dev overall )
- Currently with a company building Software Tools and/or going through K8s journey
- Experienced with Open-Source SW and community building/nurturing
- Experience working in a small self-organizing team with clear objectives and loosely defined boundaries
- Experience with ideation, quick prototyping, and scaling a Product idea
Who You Are
- Passionate about helping like-minded Developers and Builders
- Opinionated yet humble
- Experienced and open-minded
- Results oriented and accountable
- Been part of a failed start-up or a project is a Plus
What You Get
- An opportunity to work with a great Engineers, CEO, CTO and other mature operators
- A dynamic and still laid-back team (yes, you can combine that)
- Agile development practices, cutting edge technologies, the stack and approaches you choose to get the job done
- Full support and accountability – financial and anything else you may need
- Obviously: flexible working hours, responsibility, an opportunity to create and innovate
We’re looking for candidates with a strong track record of bringing products to life. You’ve already had a couple of years exposure to Kubernetes and have a passion for solving hands-on problems with WOW experiences
Backend Engineer Requirements
- 8+ years software development
- 3+ years cloud-native experience, i.e., Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Thorough understanding of k8s; networking, configuration, architecture, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end frameworks such as React/Redux, Vue.js, etc.
- Experience with API definitions / implementation - OpenAPI/GraphQL/etc.
- Extensive experience of at least one server-side language such as Go, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases; Mongo, Postgres, etc.
- Production experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google, MSFT, etc.)
- Experience with Git(Hub) and related developer workflows, including GitOps/CD, CI, etc.
- Experience with agile methods/tools; Scrum/Shape-up, JIRA/Trello, etc.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Have you created any k8s controllers or operators?
- Contribute to open source technologies
- Blog and Conferences if you feel like it
- Work with the larger open source team and community