Kubeshop is hiring a Product Designer to help drive design for our portfolio of interactive Kubernetes products. You will be the key advocate for the livelihoods of thousands of K8s developers all around the world. The tech is cutting edge, and so are its users. As such, you’ll be expected to be obsessive about our users, as well as extremely cross-functional, involving everything from customer research to design system management.
Kubeshop is paving the way forward for Kubernetes tooling, and growing quickly. It’s the future of how developers will adapt and become masters of managing K8s in any size organization. Designing these products at the ground floor will enable you to become an expert in advanced tooling technology, and build a skillset that very few other designers can offer.
What You'll Do:
Design user flows in collaboration with Product and Engineering to help invent new products and make K8s more intuitive. The nature of our work calls for special focus on making hard stuff seem easy
- Partner with folks across the Org to solve product challenges. Advocate for the voice of the user and prioritize your work given high amounts of ambiguity
- Evolve the company-wide design system to provide a high quality experience
- Share your perspective through hiring, mentoring, and establishing an empathetic design culture within the company
- Go beyond the pixels. We're not territorial here, so you’ll be a frequent contributor on company strategy, product direction, and anything else you're interested in.
What We Value:
Scrappiness. A track record of driving digital product design projects from research through release, especially starting from scratch
- Portfolio. An impressive body of work that highlights your diverse design skillset
- Technical chops. Experience designing IT Software Products & Software applications. Exposure to developer tools and IDEs will be helpful. Bonus points for some dev chops
- Internationalization. Experience designing for global audiences with a variety of different needs
- Initiative. Examples of how you have proactively identified problems and rallied support in the past.
Kubeshop is the first in the world, open-source accelerator/incubator focusing on building tools for developers in the Kubernetes space. We are a team of passionate and experienced technologists committed to creating solutions and open-source tools that empower engineers to build and run cloud-native applications.
We are backed by some of the most successful investors and operators in the software industry who share our enthusiasm for cloud-native computing and belief in Kubernetes as the foundation for how to build the software of tomorrow.